Hello Queen of Genovia
I guess Ella Enchanted was just a fairy tale setting with Anne Hathaway speaking on behalf of the fairytale people and creatures who were to scared to speak up on their matters.
get to know me meme: [2/5] favorite singers/bands: Miranda Lambert
”Music is what drives me, and so, I think I have found a good balance between livin’ my regular life and doing my music so that I don’t get burnt out on either one.”
Anna/Kristen admiring her sister/friend Elsa/Idina
LET ME TELL YOU A THING ABOUT SHIRLEY TEMPLE
Not only did this ABSURDLY ADORABLE little superstar pretty much singlehandedly save Fox and the movie industry during the Great Depression, she also
- was one of the first (possibly the first) white actress to hold hands with a black man on screen as half of the first interracial dance couple on screen.
- was largely responsible for making breast cancer okay to talk about after she had a press conference about her own mastectomy
- became president of the Multiple Sclerosis Society and co-founded the International Federation of Multiple Sclerosis Societies, because her brother had MS
- was the first female Chief of Protocol in US Government history
- served as a US ambassador during the fall of Communism and was pretty much an all around international BADASS
And according to her husband, she was always true to herself. “Over 38 years I have participated in her life 24 hours a day through thick and thin, traumatic situations, exultant situations, and I feel she has only one personality. She would be catastrophic for the psychiatric profession. You can wake her up in the middle of the night and she has the same personality everybody knows. What everybody has seen for 60 years is the bedrock.” (x)
Shirley Temple is hands down the most legendary child star of all time and she grew up to be a total BAMF. Rest in peace, Curly Top.
photo credit: this awesome blog
Portraits of Scarlett Johansson taken during the SodaStream Unveiling event last week.
I feel like Emma Thompson is 100% that cool crazy aunt who sometimes has six glasses of wine at dinner and says stuff like “You know, we all thought your dad was gay until he knocked up your mom — OH SORRY JIM,” and then joins the men in the living room for an after-dinner cigar and puts the lit end in her mouth and it doesn’t even faze her.
idina menzel being mega cute
i will love kesha forever
Doctor Who Meme: [3/6] companions
↳ “It’s hard to leave when you haven’t said goodbye.”
^rebloging for that
Happy Birthday Dame Maggie Smith“One of the things about Maggie is that she is more intelligent than most actresses, much quicker, and so she arrives at what she wants to do very quickly. She easily gets bored and one has to be careful of that. She can’t resist a joke, but I don’t think she’s malevolent. I do find her frightening when I think of her career and the people she’s worked with. … Maggie has a reserve which you can never penetrate, really.” — Alan Bennett